While growing up, I was seen as a difficult child by my peers and parents alike simply because I “wanted” to do things. My argument to-date with peeps is this : “do something because you want to do it and not because you Have to do it!” There is joy and passion in the want while the have to comes from compulsion and dread. But no matter how many times I may say it/explain it- this only seems to strengthen their belief that I am too wilful!
I give a damn for such peeps and stick to my attitude and belief of wanting to do things and having wants in my life, free of guilt! Presenting to you my top Seven wants in this life :
- I want romance replete with switzerland, long drives, chocolates, cheese and wine!! [Did someone say DDLJ!?! 😉 ]
- I want to live on a mountain top with fruit trees in my backyard, grow my own veggies and have some dogs, cats and loads of free birds that come to feed on the grains I put out every day and butterflies dancing around the garden whole day long while I laze in a hammock with a book and a cup of my favourite tea.
- The walls in my house to be made of books; rather they be bookshelves on both sides – Yeah I love to buy books, collect them and bury my nose in them as I love the smell of paper and ink while reading.
- As a child I have dreamt of wanting to learn to play the piano and the sitar but so far this hasnt come true at all but I hope that it will someday soon.
- I have a weakness for blossoms – cherry, apple, almond, peach – I simply adore the sight of a tree bursting with the tiny flowers which would one day turn into a delicious fruit. I want to visit Japan or Australia or New york to see the Cherry trees blooming. Whenever I have seen the pics, I have gone insanely mad!
- I want to own a bookstore cum cafe cum performance space/gallery of my own where I will curate books, tell stories, cook food and promote talented people to come up in their fields of art.
- I want to dye my hair Pink – like a deep magenta pink. So I am waiting for all of my hair to turn snow-white! Sigh! its been a long wait so far as people younger than me seem to be having far more white hair than me!
There you go…. my top 7 wants from the heart for you to say you know me somewhat. So what are your wants from this life or yourself ? Come on share some – it will be fun to know you some more!